Friday, September 7, 2007

My First Harvest

Only 5 weeks after planting my garden I already have produce! I was able to pick a zucchini this week and was amazing at how big it grew so quickly. I'd heard that zucchinis are quite prolific growers but now I understand what they mean. At least I can freeze it, bake with it or cook it (a lot!).

I finally showed Amelia my garden this week. Obviously she could always see it since it's in the backyard but I had never really pointed it out to her. She got so excited as I showed her the zucchinis and the squashes growing and let her reach down and touch them. Last night when we went outside she started pointing to the garden and wanted to go look at everything again. She even started showing Daddy where the vegetables were on the plants. Next year she and I will have to plant some radishes especially for her to watch grow.

No comments: