Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sadie

Sadie is going nuts!! Our dog, Sadie, is a Border Collie mix that is approximately 7 years old. About a week ago her behavior all of the sudden changed. She is usually very calm, rarely barks, doesn't dig or chew. Then people started setting off fireworks a few days before the 4th and that really freaked her out. She started wanting in all the time and scratching on the back door. She hasn't eaten much in the past few days either. Then when I got home from church this morning, I discovered that she had destroyed a brand new hose in the back yard.

We can't figure out if she is just bored because our yard is smaller than before (although we've been here now for over 6 months). We are really baffled. I've been trying to take her on a walk a few times a week to get her out of the backyard and we let her out into the front yard when we're out there but it hasn't seemed to make much of a difference. Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments: